12 June 2016

Hannah's MSP Top Three

My fashionable friend +Jessica M. Tomaselli moved back to the Twin Cities recently and we met at GYST Fermentation Bar to catch up because we are hipsters. And because I like to be helpful, I named a dozen places to eat and drink well. And then typed up a Google Doc with even more suggestions because duh. 

Here they are!


Where to get a grass-fed beef burger


  • Merlin’s Rest (Longfellow) - I love this place (that's why it shows up twice). 
  • Gigi’s Cafe (Uptown) - I had the best burger of my life here summer 2015. Crunchy, juicy, and fresh. 
  • The Lowbrow (Uptown) 


Where to get a drink with no TV screens




Where to get donuts


  • Mojo Monkey - West 7th. Banana Pecan Fritter with Caramel Glaze? Maple Bar with Thick Cut Bacon? DON’T MIND IF I DO.
  • Glam Doll Donuts - Nicollet and 26th St. Bombshell (spiced Mexican chocolate & cayenne pecans)? Outlaw (lemon cream cheese, cherry icing & brown butter crumb topping)? DON’T MIND IF I DO.
  • Bogart’s Doughnut Co (Southwest MPLS) OR sssdude-nuts (Dinkytown; open late!) OR Mucci's Italian (St. Paul; Sat/Sun only!) - Full disclosure: I haven't been to any of these yet, but I hear good things.


Where to get coffee




Where to get Japanese food


  • Obento-Ya - Marcy Holmes. I keep winding up here.
  • Masu - Three locations. Delicious cocktails, too.
  • Sakura - Downtown St. Paul. Haven’t been here, but my sister has.
BONUS: Seven more places: http://www.citypages.com/restaurants/top-10-japanese-restaurants-in-the-twin-cities-6597034


Fellow MSP'ers, what do you think? Did I miss a place?

No comments:

Post a Comment