10 September 2012

Guest Chef! Thomas W.W. Cooks

Thomas came to the Spouse House kitchen with a favorite recipe that he was willing to tweak: broccoli chicken stir fry with a crunchy peanut butter sauce. We tried sauteing the onions first rather than with the broccoli and marinating the chicken for about 20 minutes before cooking it, with good results.

I also taught him how to cook beets (from Mhonpaj's Garden) in the pressure cooker.

Thomas slips the skins off beets.
Perhaps "teach" is a strong word. I am still figuring out beet-size to cooking-time ratio, and it took two tries to get them to an acceptable softness. I improvised a curry dressing to doll them up.

Thomas invited two guests. Danny brought V8 Fusion juices and we tried to guess what was in them.

Henry and Hannah read food labels.
The answer was on the bottles, of course, so we read the ingredient lists simultaneously. Of course.



2 comments:

  1. That was a delicious curry dressing! I think we should keep exploring the performance art implications of reading ingredient lists at the same time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I am excited about reading ingredient lists to groups. I think it can spark some interesting conversations.

      Delete