31 December 2014

What I'm Excited About #6

The Cold: Good-bye cloudy skies, hello crisp air! This is the Minnesota weather I signed up for.
Dad and grandkids.
The Collaborations: I'm lining up a couple peeps to write guest posts for this blog. I also asked a friend to collaborate on a poem with me – I have no idea how that's going to go, and I'm super interested to find out!

The Condiment Clean-Up: I am on a mission to extinguish all the condiments in my refrigerator by January 20th. The other week, I made a dressing with the remaining chipotle peppers, curry powder, and fennel seeds. That went real nice with the endless sweet potatoes and beets I roasted for holiday potlucks.
Lot of chipotle, but the curry and fennel came through.
The Coming Year: I know already what some of transitions will be (moving once or twice, my parents leaving the country), and I know that unexpected challenges will arise. But all in all, the unknown opportunities of 2015 are so beguiling.

What are you looking forward to?

No comments:

Post a Comment